If you have been cutting on sleep to get more done during your waking hours, you may be fooling yourself if you think you are getting away with it. The truth is, insufficient sleep can compromise the way that you feel and function around the clock. Good-quality sleep offers your mind and body with the opportunity for renewal enhancing everyday performance. Here are some reasons listed by Springwel to know what happens when you cheat on sleep.
1. Your mind will not function optimally: Sleep is essential for the formation of memories – and for your ability to retrieve when you’re awake. It is difficult to learn something new or to pay attention to whatever it is. These shortfalls can compromise the creativity, your ability to make decisions and your work performance.
2. Your mood can take a drop: Getting enough sleep helps with mood and emotion regulation, so you may feel cranky, irritable or emotionally drained if you don’t get enough sleep. You become more reactive to stress than usual.
3. Your reaction time may suffer: Going without sleep can compromise your speed and accuracy on the tests of judgment and motor reaction time. It increases your risk of having a car accident, as well as performing badly at other tasks involving quick thinking and coordination.
4. You can affect your physical appearance: Losing on sleep leads to premature wrinkling and sagging of the skin. You also tend to feel colder than usual because sleep is essential for body temperature.
5. Your heart can suffer: Sleeping fewer than six hours a night can increase your risk of developing high blood pressure. It can increase your odds of developing cardiovascular disease.
6. Your immune system will take a hit: Your immune function is compromised if you are sleep-deprived. It leaves you vulnerable to catching colds, the flu, and other infections – and make it harder to recover.
A good mattress is crucial in achieving good mental health. Finding the right mattress that will give you a great night’s sleep involves getting both the right support as well as the right comfort. Everyone is unique, so there is no one-size-fits-all solution to the perfect mattress. There are several factors to consider when selecting which mattress to buy. Steer through Springwel mattress collection and choose the one which suits you the most!